Sunday, April 4, 2010

Find a date in a house of books

I would have thought that a library or bookstore would be an excellent place to find an intelligent date. Although I was way too shy for this in college, I definitely observed people hooking up in the library.






Check out the book related ads that I have used on Brainiac Dating:










There were some interesting comments about this in the BrainiacDating forums.
In general, it was not as positive as I would have thought, but I tried to find more data by posting the following query for news sources on a reporter website:

Have you ever found a date in a library or bookstore? Perhaps you met in the stacks looking for similar books, and ended up exchanging phone numbers. This seems like a good way to meet someone who is intelligent and shares similar interests, but are most bibliophiles too shy for this approach? Are some locations better than others, do you have a good strategy, pickup lines or experiences to share? Interesting responses will be posted to the blog on my website: Thanks.


Supposedly this query is read by up to 100,000 prospective sources, yet I only got one reply and that was from a woman who's parents met while they were working at a research library. Golly, surely there is more to library dating than this! Just the other day I was standing in my local Barnes and Nobles waiting for my girl friend, and a couple of different guys gave me the eye. Not that I wanted their attention, but at least I know that some people do try to hook up in these place of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment