Monday, April 12, 2010

Zoosk is the fastest growing dating site!

In the past few months I've noticed that Zoosk has the most increase in traffic rank according to Alexa.com.
It is now in third place in the worldwide dating site traffic, and at the current pace it will become number one by the end of the year. Watch out match.com, you're next on their radar! However, I have a free zoosk account and though I do like the site layout it does have a huge problem with spam and fake profiles. I've had about twenty email contacts in the past six months, and every single one of them is likely spam. These are easy to identify by the cute pictures and fact that they are twenty years younger than me. That's just not real people, just someone trying to get me to send them cash via Western Union.

However, even with a large amount of spam on zoosk that I encounter, I am sure that they are actively trying to clean it up, and it probably does not affect their traffic rank significantly It can't be more than a few percent effect.


You can see my daily tracking of the top 25 sites here...
You can click on the site name and get a graph that tracks the daily activity. Note how Zoosk has a very linear gain
where the others seem to be more cyclic as would be expected when they run advertising campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment